Friday, November 6, 2009

Kevin & Bean Morning Show Interview with Kellan!

"Where is Edward Cullen?" posted this interview with Kellan!






 Yesterday I mentioned that New Moon has taken over 106.7 KROQ this week and this morning the Kevin & Bean morning show conducted a telephone interview with Kellan Lutz, who plays Emmett Cullen in the Twilight Saga films.  Below you can read our transcription of the interview, or if you’d prefer you can listen to our KROQ Interview with Kellan Lutz MP3.
I can never tell the difference between the voices of Kevin and Bean so I simply labeled them as K&B unless it says their names specifically. ‘K’ Represents Kellan, and Lisa is one of the co-hosts on the Kevin and Bean morning show that chimes in during the interview on occasion.
K&B: Hey Kellan, how are you?
K: I’m doing fabulous, how are you guys?
K&B: I know you probably have been very excited for a long time about the second movie finally coming out. It must be so weird for you guys to film a movie and just kinda have to sit on it waiting for the fans to get a chance to see it.
K:  Well, it’s not really too weird because we just finished actually the third movie, Eclipse. So it’s kinda been Twilight for a while now and now that New Moon’s coming out, so it’s like Eclipse is right around the corner.  So we start all our press…tomorrow, and we have a great event tomorrow at Hollywood & Highland and it’s gonna be fun.
K&B: And you’re gonna be there?
K: Yeah, oh yeah. I loved last year. Last year Paramore played and we got to meet so many fans from Hot Topic and it was a fun event. I had my family come in to town, who, they live in Valencia so they came down.  My little brother and sister had a great time and I hope they do it again this year.
K&B: I’m dying to know, when a movie catches fire like Twilight did, and of course people expected the movie franchise to be successful because the books were so well loved, so many fans were already, “hey I’m gonna go see that movie”, but even you guys had to be surprised at how big the first movie was right?
K: We were, we were. I mean for myself, I, I had no idea it was even a book series. So getting involved with it I loved my character, loved the script I thought it was beautiful and just the whole relationship between Bella and Edward and then throw in Jacob Black in there.  It’s a, you know, that’s what’s great about Eclipse also, you know, that’s where the love triangle comes. In New Moon it’s all about the wolves, it’s all about the wolf pack, and you know, it’s a guy movie, it’s more of an action movie. So where the girls loved all the romance in the first one, this one is more guy friendly.
K&B: Alright. Now every single series, or movie, or book about vampires has to figure out what lore they’re gonna go with.  For vampires, you know, sometimes the sun melts your skin, the cross, the holy water, all that kind of stuff.  How exactly did the author of these books, if she’s the one who came up with it, decide that the vampire’s skin when it is subjected to sunlight will turn into diamonds?
Lisa: Well it doesn’t turn in to diamonds.
K&B: It turns in to diamonds!
Lisa: It just sparkles.
K&B: Your skin is diamonds!
K: Is that Lisa May?
K&B: Yes
K: I love you!
K&B: But wait, where did that come from?!
Lisa: Please fix these stupid boys.
K&B: His skin turns to diamonds. I’ve never seen that before.
Lisa: That is not true.
K: You know what, nor have I and I think it’s a great twist on the vampire image in a way. And I was kinda down when I heard that we weren’t gonna have fangs.  I was going through hair and makeup, which takes a while when you’re tan and you live from L.A.
K&B: Well when you’re as good looking as you are, right, they’ve gotta ugly you up. That’s gotta be hard on you Kellan.
K: Well we are supposed to be beautiful. That’s one of the traits of becoming a vampire, everything gets, you know..
Lisa: Perfect
K: Times ten as far as beauty, but you know what I was kinda bummed when we didn’t have fangs, but still I love how human we are portrayed in a way as vampires trying to live in the regular human society.  It’s a nice twist on things.
K&B: Now I saw the first movie, I didn’t read any of the books. Do you get the people who read the books and then follow you around and go, “How come this didn’t happen? Remember in chapter 2?” and compare it?
K: You know, what it’s a blessing to have the books as homework and research to work with. And then having Stephenie come to the set and really pick her brain.
K&B: But, don’t you have to change a certain amount of things to make a book into a movie?
Lisa: Yeah you can never put it all in, right?
K: No definitely not. The books are way longer, and it’s tough to, and that’s one of the talents that Melissa has, who wrote the screenplays, of transferring a beautiful book into a beautiful screenplay.  And she did that and captured it amazingly in all of the movies that we’ve shot so far.  It’s a tough thing, you have to have all the key elements in there, but yet, you know, make it roughly around 90 minutes so the audience doesn’t fall asleep if it’s too long, or you know, lose interest. So, it’s amazing. The first one it was great. I saw New Moon already, loved it, Chris Weitz did an amazing job and I think everyone’s gonna love it.
K&B: Did I mention that Robert Pattinson’s character, his skin turns into diamonds when he’s in the sun?
Lisa: You have got to get over that.
K: You love that, you love that.
K&B: Last question for you Kellan. With every movie that comes out, you guys become more well known and end up on more tabloids and more entertainment TV shows.  Has it been a pain in the ass, or has it been fairly manageable for you so far?
K: Not at all, I think it’s an actors dream to be allowed and be able to go on talk shows, and do interviews, and share what their passion is.  You know, as far as being an actor and myself falling in to this amazing industry. You know I find it a blessing and very lucky and it’s great to be able to share about yourself as a person in these interviews. So you talk a lot about the movies, and you know then have the ability to share who you are so the fans get a little inside scoop on who you are, not just the character I play, Emmett Cullen, but they learn who Kellan Lutz is inside and out.
Kevin: Twilight Saga New Moon comes out two weeks from tomorrow, November 20th, how does it end I haven’t read the book?
K: Ooooh I cannot share that.
Kevin: How does it end?!
Lisa: First of all it doesn’t end; it’s only the second in the series.
K: Why haven’t you read the books? They’re great books.
Kevin: I’m not a big reader.
K: Nor am I, I have a Kindle I read everything on.  It’s so easy.
Kevin: I’ve started 25,000 books I think I’ve finished 2.
K: That’s a good amount.
Bean: Yeah. Kellan when you’re doing a movie of a book where a guy looks at goats and they fall down dead that’s when Kevin’s going to read your book.

0 Kommentare:

Search