Sunday, November 15, 2009

Source: WBZ TV


The Boston area turned into the Twilight Zone with an appearance by Twilight movie actor Kellan Lutz. Lutz plays vampire Emmett Cullen in the movie series. The latest in the series, New Moon, will be released November 20th.

"It's a different type of movie," said Lutz in an interview at a downtown Boston hotel. "It's a different tone, a darker movie, more male friendly and there's a lot more action."

Lutz is in town to promote the movie at appearances at the Natick Collection. On Halloween, the store Hot Topic sold Twilight t-shirts which came with a wrist band admission to meet Lutz.

Allison Aries, 13 years old, couldn't wait to see him.

"I'm so excited," she said. "I freaked out when I found out. He's like one of my favorite characters."

And it isn't just the teenaged girls going wild over Twilight. Camille Forziati of Medford slept in the mall overnight with her daughters, Felicia, 16 and Michelle, 23 to get the chance to meet Lutz.

"She stayed up 24 hours for us," said daughter Michelle.

Her mom chimed in, "Yeah, My back was killing me but I had a really good time."

Something you might not know about Lutz is that he's a huge Patriots fan. He had tickets for last week's game and plane reservations, but had to cancel at the last minute because of the movie promotion tour.

How does a North Dakota native become a New England fan?

"I always loved Randy Moss," he said. "He was with the Minnesota Vikings and I kind of just follow him wherever he goes. And Tom Brady, I just think he's a stud."

It's apparent, that's what the young and not so young ladies think of Lutz. As he poses for pictures and signs autographs, the 24 year old drinks in the attention, much like a vampire drinks blood. He's enjoying it and knows it's the chance of a lifetime.

"I love being part of something like this. It's every actors dream, some work 20 years to be a part of something as magical as this is."

0 Kommentare:

Search